Your friendly neighbourhood store with an Organic mission
ProstaLobium® Plus Capsules
Description Thousands of men are affected by enlarged prostates and are reluctant to discuss this uncomfortable subject. Are you one of them?
The gland is located in the male genital area and positioned behind the base of the penis, immediately below the bladder and completely surrounds the urethra (the urinary tube that leads from the bladder to the outside).
It is an important gland of the male reproductive system whose main function is to produce an alkaline fluid. This fluid is secreted continuously, and the excess passes from the body into the urine. The rate of secretion increases greatly during sexual stimulation and the fluid contributes to the bulk of the semen. Proper prostate secretion is thus essential to proper sperm action.
The prostate grows to its normal size, which is about as big as a walnut, when a young man reaches puberty. From 50 years of age a prostate will either shrink (progessive atrophy) or enlarge (nodular hyperplasia).
Most men are totally unaware of the presence of the prostate unless it causes trouble and grows to an excessive size (adenoma). As the prostate is in a confined space and, as it grows, it applies increasing pressure to the urethra and signs of prostate disorder may appear.
If you have one of the following symptoms, there is a chance you may have BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) and I urge you to have your condition correctly diagnosed by a medical practitioner.
• Changes in urinary habits, e.g. more frequent trips at night
• the nagging need to urinate irregular urine flow starts, stops, stammers and starts again
• difficult, weak and intermittent urinary flow
• persistant dribbles that leave your trousers stained
• a bladder that never feels completely empty.
Medicinal Use ProstaLobium® Plus contains epilobium and saw palmetto. Epilobium is a traditionally-used western herbal medicine that helps maintain normal prostate and urinary tract function.
Clinical trials using saw palmetto have shown symptomatic relief of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy (benign enlargement of the prostate) such as frequent, difficult, urgent and irregular urination.
Active Ingredients Each capsule contains extracts equivalent to dried Epilobium parviflorum herb 500 mg and Serenoa serrulata fruit 800 mg.
Features / Benefits • Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
• Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
• Easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant taste.
• Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
• Capsule shell made from vegetable origin - suitable for vegans and vegetarians.